user from particular NAS-IP-Address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 26 00:23:44 CEST 2013

Pete Ashdown wrote:
> I'm trying to restrict a guest user from a single NAS-IP-Address via "users"
> and I can't get it to work.
>
> Doesn't work:
>
> test	NAS-IP-Address == "127.0.0.1"
> 	Auth-Type := Accept

  That's wrong.  Why?  See the debug output.  It *tells* you what's
wrong, and how to fix it.  See "man users".  It *documents* the format
of the "users" file.  See the sample "raddb/users" file.  Look for
"Auth-Type".  There are *examples* of how to do this.

> Also, how would I do this for a group of NAS IP addresses?  Is it possible to
> assign them to a group in "clients.conf" that can be later checked against in
> "users"?

  See raddb/huntgroups.  You can group NASes, and check the group
membership later.

>  Where is the documentation of what can be tested against in the
> "users" file?

  What does that mean?  "man users" describes how the "users" file
works.  After that, if you get something wrong, the debug output will
tell you.

  You *did* run the server in debugging mode, as suggested in the FAQ,
README, "man" page, and daily on this list?