Error: rlm_sql_unixodbc: SQL down 08S01 [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive Server is unavailable or does not exist

Bill Grant wgrant at EBPL.org
Sun May 26 02:59:59 CEST 2013

I was able to fix it by doing the following.

I installed setroubleshoot

"yum install setroubleshoot"

Then I ran the following command

"sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log > /path/to/mylogfile.txt"

mylogfile.txt showed:

found 3 alerts in /var/log/audit/audit.log

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/radiusd from create access on the semaphore .

*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests  ***************************

If you believe that radiusd should be allowed create access on the  sem by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep radiusd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/radiusd from search access on the directory /home.

*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests  ***************************

If you believe that radiusd should be allowed search access on the home directory by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep radiusd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/radiusd from name_connect access on the tcp_socket .

*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests  ***************************

If you believe that radiusd should be allowed name_connect access on the  tcp_socket by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep radiusd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

I ran the commands listed above:

"grep radiusd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol"
"semodule -i mypol.pp"

That fixed the problem, thanks again.