SSH PAM authentication before local authentication

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 02:24:35 CEST 2013

Dear, finally I could implement the SSH PAM authentication of Linux users
against a Freeradius server. Everything was OK, I had to create a local
user in my Linux server (without password) and the authentication was
against my freeradius server. The clients com efrom other boxes, both
windos and linux.

But now, suppose the freeradius server is offline, how can I tell the Linux
server that if Freeradius is offline it has to authenticate in local mode
(local PAM). In this way, I have to have a special user in my Linux server
to access it through SSH in case freeradius is off.

Thanks a lot,

Roberto