CHAP only configuration

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 27 15:13:30 CEST 2013

Navodit Bhardwaj wrote:
> debug output is given below. Pls suggest what is wrong here?

  You're running version 1.x.  You should upgrade to v2.2.0.

  And it helps to read the debug output.  You edited the "users" file.
It does this:

>     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 170

  So... what's on line 170?

  You also said:

>     > I am using following entry in my users.conf

  Please use the correct name.  It *matters*.  The file is "users", not
"users.conf".

>     > username                Auth-Type := Local, Password := password

  If that's what you're using, no wonder it doesn't work.  As others
have said, the use of Auth-Type and Password is wrong.

  I'll also note that you sent an Access-Request for User-Name "test1".
 The above entry is for "username".

  They don't match.

  See the FAQ for an example of how to add a sample entry.  See the
"documentation" link on http://freeradius.org/

  This is documented.