Still seeing WARNING: Child is hung after ... messages in 2.2.2

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 18:13:35 CET 2013

On 1 Nov 2013, at 16:33, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>   Just upgraded my development server to 2.2.2. It's not heavily loaded but
>>   I'm now seeing the following which I didn't see even in 2.2.1. Can;t
>>   remember, was that the problem that was fixed in 2.2.2 that was present in
>>   2.2.1?
>
> I believe this is related to some extra bits put in to ensure that processes
> launched actually happen within a time frame (max_request_time) - whereas pre 2.2.2
> there wasn't such an error message....and thus you are now seeing things that you
> didnt see before.  this seems linked directly to eg ntlm_auth taking too long to
> get a response (or the sub-processes that have spawned ntlm_auth taking too long)

Ah!

Back in the day when a car just had a speedo , oil pressure light  and a temp guage  you never had to worry what went on in the background. Then we had loads of extra dials and stuff that gave you lots of other things to think about  ……

sigh! maybe the quick solution is to just increase max_request_time :-)))) joke!