Version 2.2.2 has been released

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 1 20:02:58 CET 2013

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> the other thing is that people with wierd/extra requirements arent getting
> the GIT release (or rather not ENOUGH people) - and only do things
> when the major release comes out.

  Well, yes.  Most distributions are YEARS behind the official release.
 I could see 3-6 months, but years are just painful.

  And very few people actually test anything.  The usual dedicated core
does a tremendous job, but they all have day jobs working on something
*else*.

> does the RHEL version come with DHCP support?

  Not so far as I know.

  I would love for RH to contribute something.  So far all I've seen are
(a) patches for RH RPMs, (b) Wiki updates for RH systems, and (c)
complaints that everyone else needs to do more work.

  So far as I can tell, RH makes more money off of FreeRADIUS than I do.
 So there's just no excuse.