Glitch in FreeRADIUS when final Access-Accept bigger than 4096 octets

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 4 17:56:14 CET 2013

stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
> Perhaps it would be useful to point out WHY encoding failed, instead of merely saying that it failed. In this specific case, it was a matter of exceeding the packet size (proven by the original poster by extending each += statement to the full 252 or so characters per attribute at my suggestion, which reduced the number of statements and hence the 2-octet overhead per statement).

  I've pushed a fix.  It will simply stop encoding the packet once the
packet is full.

  The problem was that it printed an error, but did not go to the next
attribute in the list.  So it looped forever on the same attribute.

  Printing out why encoding failed is a little more complicated.  I'm
away from the office, so I'm not going to do deeper re-writes.  The
current fix is good enough for now.