FR 3 + Ldap-Group check during the authorization

C.D. c_dornig at gmx.de
Thu Nov 14 10:59:09 CET 2013

Hi,

We currently try the official freeradius 3.0 version for migration of
the configs from FR2.

In our FR 2.x setup, we use Ldap-Group checks during the authorization
process.
This is configured by unlang and a policy like:

[policy.conf]
checkusers {
	if (Ldap-Group == "GROUP1") {
        	update reply {
			Tunnel-Type = 13
			Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6
			Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 100
		}
		ok
	}
	elsif (Ldap-Group == "GROUP2") {
		update reply {
			Tunnel-Type = 13
			Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6
			Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 100
		}
		ok
	}
	else {
		reject

The checks are made in the default server:

[sites-available/default]
authorize {
        preprocess
        ldap
        checkusers
        mschap
        :
}

Each group check works, but produce all the time a log message:
"Invalid operator for item Ldap-Group: reverting to '=='"

In the debug, we got this:

<DEBUG>
:
rlm_ldap (ldap): Released connection (4)
(0) User is not a member of specified group
Invalid operator for item Ldap-Group: reverting to '=='
(0)      ? if (Ldap-Group == "GROUP1")  -> FALSE
(0)      ? elsif (Ldap-Group == "GROUP2")
:
</DEBUG>

When we put the checkusers into the post-auth, the log message with
invalid operator are gone.

What is wrong here ?

Why the message "Invalid operator for item Ldap-Group: reverting to
'=='" pops up in authorize but not in post-auth process ?

With regards,

C.