Fwd: Returning group name as 'Class' attribute on successful auth replies

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 15:13:18 CET 2013

On 15/11/13 13:58, Raoul Duke wrote:

> What options do I have to make the returning of the 'Class' attribute
> implicit behavior?

You could modify the queries to return a fake row, like this:

authorize_group_reply_query = "SELECT <real query goes here> \
  UNION ALL \
SELECT \
  100 as id, \
  '%{Sql-Group}' as GroupName, \
  'Class' as Attribute, \
  '%{Sql-Group}' as Value, \
  ':=' as op"

> Does radgroupreply accept wildcards?  Or can this be made implicit
> with ah an entry in some other table?

No

> If not, then would it be reasonable to go down the road outlined in this thread:
>     http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Reply-with-group-attribute-td2781054.html

No. The Sql-Group attribute is virtual, not real, and is only present
when checking/processing.