EAP question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 15 20:38:09 CET 2013

David Peterson wrote:
> I have a broken WiMax EAP thread (who would have thought eh?).   The CPE
> is sending an EAP Code with a seemingly random value.  Sometimes 80, 240
> etc.  Would the OpenSSL portion drop the packet or does it even care?

  I have no idea what you mean by that.  OpenSSL doesn't do EAP.  And
which "EAP code" are you talking about?

  Please be specific.

  Even without that... if it works with FreeRADIUS, then there's no
issue.  If it doesn't work, FreeRADIUS will produce an error message
saying what went wrong.

  It's more useful to post the error message than to ask confusing
questions about OpenSSL doing EAP.  That way there's no chance for
confusion.