How to run multiple instance of freeRADIUS on one server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Nov 17 18:05:11 CET 2013

Kwesi Yankson wrote:
> Hello, I am using freeRADIUS 2.0 on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS
> I want to know how to run  multiple instances of freeRADIUS on one server.
> In this case I want instance-A to have the authentication port to be
> 1812 and instance-B to have authentication port to be 1814.
> The acct port for instance-A to be 1813 and the acct port for instance-B
> to be 1815.

  Read radiusd.conf.  Look for "listen".

> I am thinking this is possible but I've been google for months now and
> have come up with nothing.  Can you please point me in the right direction?

  Why google for months?  Why not read the documentation and config
files that come with the server?

  If you even read the output of debug mode, it would TELL YOU which
ports it's using, and which file that configuration comes from.  Then...
 edit the config to change the ports.