fr3 socket max_connections

Polish pavel.polacek at ujep.cz
Fri Nov 22 08:16:49 CET 2013

 	Hello,
On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>>> Debugging messages should only appear when debugging is turned off.
>>>
>>> Those messages come from a DEBUG macro, just like 1000's of other
>>> DEBUG macros in the source.  Either all should produce debugging, or
>>> none of them.
>>>
>>> Alan DeKok.
>>> -
>>
>> I built debian packages by "fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc" and
>> install freeradius without debugging symbols. I expected that package is
>> compliled without debugging. I will look at source to deactivate
>> debuging.
>
> DEBUG log messages are not controlled by compile time definitions, they're
> controlled by the runtime debugging flags -X and -x.
>
> Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>
> FreeRADIUS Development Team

I'm confused but I ask: Why I have debug messages in logs, when I run
freeradius without any debug switch (started by /etc/init.d/freeradius
start).

Bug reported here:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/FR3-Debugging-Switches-td5722824.html
isn't solved.
So debian init script "/etc/init.d/freeradius restart" always fail when enable tls (radsec
tunnel) virtual server.

less /etc/init.d/freeradius:
..
test_freeradius_config() {
   log_action_begin_msg "Checking $DESCR configuration"

   out=`$PROGRAM -Cxl stdout $FREERADIUS_OPTIONS`; ret=$?
   out=`echo "${out}" | tail -n 1 | sed
   's/^\s*ERROR:\s*\(.*\)\s*$/\1/'`
   log_action_end_msg $ret "$out"
   return $ret
}
..

/etc/freeradius# freeradius -Cxl stdout
freeradius: FreeRADIUS Version 3.1.0 (git #2deafa8), for host
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov 21 2013 at 10:46:32
Copyright (C) 1999-2013 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors
PARTICULAR PURPOSE
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using cached TLS configuration from previous invocation
Using cached TLS configuration from previous invocation
WARNING: Ignoring "sql" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "sql" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "sql" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "ldap" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "sql" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
WARNING: Ignoring "sql" (see raddb/mods-available/README.rst)
radiusd: #### Skipping IP addresses and Ports ####
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/tls[7]: Threading must be enabled for TLS
sockets to function properly
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/tls[7]: You probably need to do 'radiusd
-fxx -l stdout' for debugging

Sorry, Maybe a mix too many things together.

   Thank you   Pavel Polacek