RADIUS EAP-SIM authentication failed

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 27 04:58:42 CET 2013

Maxim Shoustin wrote:
> I try to test EAP - SIM but still stuck.
> I use Samsung galaxy 3 with eap-sim support, and Radius Server 2.2.0
> compiled on linux. I configured to RADIUS to work with EAP-SIM and use
>  simtriplets.
>
> With "agsm" I created "simtriplets.dat"

  OK...

> The debug log RADIUS:

  Shows the server loading the sim_files module:

>  Module: Linked to module rlm_sim_files
>  Module: Instantiating module "sim_files" from file
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf
>   sim_files {
>         simtriplets = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/simtriplets.dat"
>   }
> When I try to connect to access Point I get:

  An error:

> rlm_sim_files: insufficient number of challenges for imsi
> 1425010779824868 at wlan.mnc001.mcc425.3gppnetwork.org: 0
> ++[sim_files] returns notfound

  So the module can't find the information it needs.

> Did I miss something?

  The "sim_files" module is less than perfect.  See
share/dictionary.freeradius.internal.  Look for EAP-SIM-*.  You can set
the various fields directly.

  You may need to ignore the sim_files module.  I don't use EAP-SIM, so
I've never ran it.