LDAP Module : basedn empty -> error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 29 16:57:27 CET 2013

Dominique Fournier wrote:
> In the logs, when there is a reject, I can see :
> [ldap-inner-tunnel] performing user authorization for XXXXX
> [ldap-inner-tunnel]     expand: (mail=%{User-Name}) -> (mail=XXXXX.fr)
> [ldap-inner-tunnel]     expand:  ->
>   [ldap-inner-tunnel] unable to create basedn.

  Try creating the basedn which contains only a space.  That might work.

  The LDAP module is generally intended to search within a particular
base DN.  It can be a security risk to allow searching of the entire tree.

  Or, you can configure two LDAP modules.  One to search in .fr, and the
other to search in .org.