Cache for machine authentication

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at iberdrolausa.com
Fri Oct 4 15:54:29 CEST 2013

Can someone tell me if it is possible in FR to cache in memory (for a short amount of time) Calling-Station-Id from successful machine authentications so that subsequent user authentications can test whether the user is connecting from an authorized device?  This is a feature that is available with Cisco ACS version 5 (using attribute Was-Machine-Authenticated) that I am trying to emulate in FR.  If it's possible and anyone can share ideas, I would appreciate it.  I thought about using a database, but it seems horribly inneficient compared to caching something in memory.  I know I could write a custom module or use perl and maintain the cache in a file, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I'm hoping there's an easier and more efficient way to accomplish this..

Thanks for your time..