well almost got FR 3.0 to compile on OS X :-)

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Oct 10 13:02:59 CEST 2013

On 10 Oct 2013, at 10:44, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> o.k deinstalled the package and package manager I was using, installed homebrew, installed latest openssl and talloc and ….. just compiled and installed.  Simples!

Hmm wonder what rudix was doing to mess up talloc installation.

Anyway, we have our own set of AC_CHECK_LIB and AC_CHECK_HEADERS functions which are smarter than the stadard ones, and search in places like /usr/local/lib.

They also add -L and -I for libs/headers in non-standard locations, so the majority of the time 3.0.0 configure/make should just work.

Were you installing your own version of SSL to get around the OpenSSL header/library mismatch? Apple messed up and bumped the library version for OpenSSL without bumping the header versions.

You can just edit the system headers to match, though that's a bit icky.

Hopefully apple will just drop OpenSSL in Mavericks and we can do a clean install without all the stupid deprecated pragmas from another package management system.

FreeRADIUS Development Team