Problems with compiling freeradius on Ubuntu Linux

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Oct 12 21:16:10 CEST 2013

On 12 Oct 2013, at 17:40, Andrei Petru Mura <mapandrei at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I imported FreeRADIUS from git on Eclipse, and tried to build it, but this error occurs while building the project:
>
> threads.h:47:2: error: #error WITH_THREADS defined, but pthreads not available
>
> Can anybody guide me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

This is an invalid state. The configure script will not define WITH_THREADS unless the pthread headers are available.

Check if HAVE_PTHREAD_H and WITH_THREADS are defined src/include/autoheader.h. If they're both defined then Eclipse is messing with the build system, if one is defined and the other is not, then autoconf/the configure scripts are broken.

FreeRADIUS Development Team