Generating timing stats for ntlm_auth

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 17:01:18 CEST 2013

On 10/10/13 15:03, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>> >Samba 4 is lurvely... apparently 100% compatible with existing AD installations, although, as always, it's a bit finicky and info is a bit thin on the ground (and I've not written up a guide when I set my test environment up that uses an S4 server for EAP-MSCHAPv2). But at least it exists on RHEL/CentOS as a package.
> it can also BE an AD master etc.  anyway, you dont know how tempting
> it was to "yum install samba4" on our production system;-)
>
> I'd certainly like to see some samba3.x versus samba4 benchmarks in
> this sort of context

This morning I upgraded a couple of our radius servers from samba 3.6.9
to 4.0.0-rc4. It works, but it's not yet clear how much of an
improvement it makes. Early indication is that it helps spread the load
more evenly between domain controllers at peak times, but it is by no
means the magic bullet.

Cheers,
Jonathan