maximum CDR file size

Vladimir Stefanov vladoboss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:47:02 CEST 2013

Hi
I'm using 2 redundant freeradius-server-2.1.10 for a long time. It is
compiled from source with Oracle 11.1 database support on Debian squeeze
X86_64 . As our user base is growing, CDR files are growing in size. 1.1 to
1.3GB per  day, and if one BRAS is down for maintenance or hardware failure
over 2GB per day. Recently I receive a request from our billing department
CDR files not to be bigger then 100MB, as they are having problem in
processing such big files. Eg. if daily CDR file is 1.3GB to be separated
on 13x100MB daily files.
Is there any option for freeradius for setting maximum file size?

Relevant radius.conf lines:

prefix = /opt/freeradius
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = /opt/freeradius/etc
localstatedir = /var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = /home/radius/redback
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb/redback
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct
confdir = ${raddbdir}
run_dir = ${localstatedir}/run/radiusd
libdir = /opt/freeradius/lib/
pidfile = ${run_dir}/redback.pid
user = nobody
group = nogroup

log {
        destination = files
        file = ${logdir}/radius.log
        syslog_facility = daemon
        stripped_names = no
        auth = no
        auth_badpass = no
        auth_goodpass = no
}

detail {
        detailfile = ${radacctdir}/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d
        detailperm = 0600
    }

    acct_unique {
        key = "User-Name, Acct-Session-Id, NAS-IP-Address,
Client-IP-Address, NAS-Port"
    }

preacct {
    preprocess