Unix Crypt passwords + Windows 7

Thomas Hewton-Waters Thomas.Hewton-Waters at pason.com
Thu Oct 17 02:25:41 CEST 2013

Have I exhausted all of my options? Is there anything I’m missing?

I have an existing database of users with their passwords encrypted using Unix crypt(). A wireless AP is set for WPA/WPA2 using the RADIUS server to validate user logins. This works great using EAP-GTC for all clients except Windows. Windows doesn’t support EAP-GTC.

Here are a few things I can’t do:

•         Install certificates on the Windows clients

•         Install a supplicant on the Windows clients

Is there anything I can do to get the Windows clients to authenticate without changing the Windows configuration?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas