exec module bash script authentication

Ahmet Hakan ahmetha at outlook.com
Fri Oct 18 23:47:38 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I am new at freeradius (2.1.4)
I am using sql authentication with mysql successfuly and
I want to add second authentication via bash. (if sql authentication fail then check bash authentication)

I added file (bashauth) to module directory

exec bashauth {
    wait = yes
    program = "/usr/local/bin/bash /bin/radcheck %{User-Name} %{User-Password}"
    input_pairs = request
    output_pairs = reply
    shell_escape = yes
}

then I modified sites-enabled/default

authorize {
bashouth
pap
}
authenticate {
        Auth-Type BASHAUTH {
                bashauth

but I cant authenticate user via bash script

radiusd -X output is below.

[bashauth]      expand: %{User-Name} -> a
[bashauth]      expand: %{User-Password} -> a
Exec-Program output:
Exec-Program: returned: 0
++[bashauth] returns ok
[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request: Rejecting the user
Failed to authenticate the user.

What must I do for solving problem?

Thanks for your help,

Ahmet