LDAP Broken in 3.0?

Mikael Tomt mikael.tomt at mora.se
Sat Oct 19 07:56:48 CEST 2013

Hello
We are currently using freeradius 2.1.12 which works fine.
I tried to install 3.0, everything went fine except ldap.
When I try ldaps on port 636 it fails on startup with:
rlm_ldap (ldap): Connecting to SERVERNAME:636
rlm_ldap (ldap): Bind with CN=USERNAME,OU=XXX,DC=XXX,DC=XXX,DC=XXX to SERVER:636 failed: Can't contact LDAP server
rlm_ldap (ldap): Opening connection failed (0)
rlm_ldap (ldap): Removing connection pool
/usr/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap[1]: Instantiation failed for module "ldap"

With ldap on port 389 it starts but fails when I connect with:
(35) ERROR: Failed performing search: Please set 'chase_referrals=yes' and 'rebind=yes'. See the ldap module configuration for details.
(35) ERROR: Server said: 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C0906DD, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v1772.

I have chase_referrals=yes and rebind=yes in ldap module file and tried to move it around without success.

The AD account and settings works in 2.1.12

MvH Mikael Tomt
It-Enheten Mora, Orsa, Älvdalen