Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 102, Issue 65

Okis Chuang okischuang at outlook.com
Mon Oct 21 10:48:38 CEST 2013

Thanks Fajar for quick response!

Now I know there exists mutual influence among virtual servers.
Oddly, instead of seeing the error message " There are no DB handles to use
", there are bulk of "Discarding duplicate request from NMS - ID xx due to
unfinished request xxxx", then after about short period of time, it showed
msg "WARNING: Unresponsive child for request xxxx, in component authorized
module", can I still say that is due to problematic DB?

> > That is, even virtual server ?A? only has few operation to check,
> > while ?B? has much more things need to check and unfortunately maybe
> > it could have low performance DB backend, does B might occupy resource
> > in whole Authorize section so that A also become more and more busier?
> >
> > **
> >

> Yes
>

> >  **
> >
> > In fact, I got many times of Error msg ?child is hung for request in
> > component authorize module? in radius.log. I would not think the
> > response to simulated request from our NMS per **minute**. Our wifi
> > auth request per day is among 2000~3000 in average.
> >

> only 2k per day? That's tiny. Something if seriously wrong with your db if
it
> can't handle that much requests.
>
> IIRC one way to isolate problematic db is to use small num_sql_socks in
> sql.conf (default is 5). If the db is slow, it should bomb out quickly
with "There
> are no DB handles to use" errors, but there should be only a small count
of FR
> threads interacting with that db so that processes not using it (e.g.
other