interaction between Virtual server & Authorize section

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 22 10:03:00 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Okis Chuang <okischuang at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Fajar and Alan
>
> ****
>
> Yes, I noticed that it said discarding **duplicate** request from our NMS.
> ****
>
> About how fast our NMS request to FR, just like I mentioned before about
> it send a request w/ 2 retry & 1 sec timeout every minute.****
>
> This request will proxy to external AAA for auth and I’ve confirmed the
> AAA is normal.****
>
> **

... and how did you confirm the external radius is "normal"?

Sending acces-request from the radius server (i.e. using radtest/radclient)
to the external radius is a good way to test.

>  **
>
> We’re guessing the problem is due to abnormal IO overloading of our new
> DB.

You were given a suggestion to limit num_sql_socks. Have you done that?

If you had, it would've limit the resource (e.g. threads) used by FR
interacting to the db, and it should leave FR with enough resources to do
other things.

--
Fajar