interaction between Virtual server & Authorize section

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Oct 22 10:31:47 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Okis Chuang <okischuang at outlook.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have confirmed the external AAA is ok by sending same test request
> using radclient. They responded immediately since they are production
> RADIUS server.****
>
> **

Good

>  **
>
> Yes, sure. I’ve set to 5 on num_of_sock yesterday. But the problem still
> exist.****
>
> So I really doubt that why does the virtual server for our NMS would be
> affected especially under that frequency of check.****
>
> **

Then your problem lies elsewhere.

If it were me, here's what I'd do:
- create a copy of your current FR to a test server
- ask the external radius server to add the IP of your test server as known
client
- trim down FR config on the test server so that only the proxy virtual
server is active
- run the test server in debug mode
- send acces-request to the test server
- read the debug log

Normally I'd suggest you run debug mode on the production server, but the
output may be too much.

If you can't create a test server, then probably radmin's debug option can
help. See http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/radmin.html . Limit it to debug
requests from your NMS only (e.g. if it uses a unique user-name, you can
filter based on that)

--
Fajar