Check_Item Is Always Equal To 0 When 2^32

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 22 20:34:49 CEST 2013

Russell Mike wrote:
> i understand that, My NAS support Gigaword
> attribute,ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets-Gigaword should contain upper 32
> bit value of 64 bit number. i am using
>  ChilliSpot-Max-Total-Octets-Gigaword also. No?

  Yes.

> *Check: 8GB*
> ChilliSpot-Max-Input-Octets - Value 8589934592
> ChilliSpot-Max-Input-Gigawords - Value 8589934592

  Uh... no.

> which counter is 64 bit ?

  Did you read what you wrote at the start of the message?  This isn't
rocket science.  It's simple math.

  The "octets" attribute is the lower 32 bits of a 64-bit counter.  The
"gigawords" attribute is the upper 32 bits of a 64-bit counter.

  If you want to set a limit, write it down as a 64-bit number.  Put the
upper 32 bits into the "gigawords" attribute.  Put the lower 32 bits
into the "octets" attributes.

  I can't make it any clearer than that.