interaction between Virtual server & Authorize section

Okis Chuang okischuang at outlook.com
Wed Oct 23 04:01:44 CEST 2013

Okis Chuang wrote:
>> We're guessing the problem is due to abnormal IO overloading of our new
>> DB.

  >Don't guess.  Find out what's wrong, and fix it.

>>In summary, I just want to confirm if I can assert it was caused by
>>problematic DB when I got the error message like that.

  >Almost always.  Or, a blocked Perl script.

      Ok, I got it. So can I ask how can I design a safest way to skip the
blocked Perl to make the other steps go through as usual.

      Do I write redundant block every time I want to use my every sort of
Perl script?

      redundant {

             Perl1

             ok

      }

      redundant {

             Perl2

             ok

}

>> Besides, I want to know how much extent that does perl script in FR
>> would likely decrease performance of overall FR significantly?

  >It depends on your script.  If your script does DNS lookups, or
>network connections to other systems... yes, it can block the server.

And what about file writing and reading, attributes editing? Although I
think these jobs seem to be easy to Perl in FR I guess..

Thanks Alan!

Okis