Freeradus service goes down

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 22:28:34 CET 2013

On 28/10/2013 20:38, John Douglass wrote:

> * 3.6.10 - BUG 9367: Use work around for 'winbind use default domain'
> only if it is set. (unsure)
> * 3.6.10 - BUG 9386: Winbind: Failover if netlogon pipe is not
> available. (unsure)

FWIW at least one of these - samba #9386, above - is backported to the
RHEL6 RPM, and I think #9367 too.

This is not to say I'm happy with the laggy samba package on RHEL6, but
worth noting.

Of course, it's very difficult to follow the RHEL "samba" RPM changelog,
as the bugs are all private, undoubtedly for the usual nonsense reason
of "might possibly contain 3 bytes of customer info". Sigh.