free radius setup

Swenson, Chris cswenson at curry.edu
Wed Sep 11 00:35:41 CEST 2013

Yes, I already saw that and this is why I am stuck.
I am using Aruba 3000 Wireless controllers running the 6.2.X.X code.
As I understand it when the laptop user selects the secure SSID they should be prompted for a username and password.
This username and password will be presented to radius as peap MS-CHAPV2.
Radius then needs to authenticate this against my Openldap where the passwords are encrypted as SHA,  thus bad end.
I could not find an encryption type in open ldap that would satisfy the chart.

If it did work then I could take the info from radius accounting and pass it to our NAC control (Impulse Safe Connect) which will let
the students onto the network after they pass some computer hygiene checks.

I have a population of 2000 college students who have little idea of what security really is.
And of course I am trying to do this on the typical budget provided by a non-profit such as my college is.

Chris S.