Looking for help with DHCP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 19 15:15:24 CEST 2013

  Not many people know that FreeRADIUS implements DHCP.  I'd like to
change that.  I'm therefore offering to pay for some work on the feature.

  As background, the current version does DHCP, and DHCP relaying.  It
allocates IPs from an SQL pool.  The git "master" branch has a script to
import an ISC lease file into the SQL database.

  We need more.  I'm looking for the following:

- detailed documentation on how to get it working.  Ideally a
step-by-step guide, in the style of the EAP docs on
http://deployingradius.com/

- the documentation should include examples of an ISC configuration, and
how it maps to a FreeRADIUS configuration

- the documentation should include simple tests, and common problems to
check

- it should include any new scripts, etc. necessary to get it working.

- any code / configuration will become part of the main FreeRADIUS releases

- the documentation and worked examples will get hosted on the
FreeRADIUS web site, and prominently linked from the main page

- your name will go on everything

- since my company is paying for it, all copyright will belong to
Network RADIUS SARL.

  This is a request for *paid* work.  I'm prepared to pay reasonable
rates for this.  And not the "$100 bounty for 6 days work" kind of
nonsense, either.

  Please send email to me with your proposal, background, and price.
I'll pick someone in the next week, and work behind the scenes to get
this done.

  The hope is to crush that pesky ISC server.  It's been frustrating
people world-wide for years. :)