No EAP session matching the State variable (and other various messages)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 30 21:36:43 CEST 2013

John Douglass wrote:
> Any one have any similar battle scars that I can learn from (server
> performance tweaks, optimizations, etc?). I've optimized as best I can
> the SQL component. This all seems related to the samba/winbind/ntlm_auth.

  FreeRADIUS is dependent on other systems.  So if Samba or AD block for
30 seconds, so does FreeRADIUS.

  In many cases, these errors are the result of something *else* going
wrong.  FreeRADIUS is complaining, because it noticed the problem, and
told you.  But there's nothing wrong with FreeRADIUS.  You've got to fix
the *other* problem to correct the issue.