Walk through for External CA usage

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 2 01:30:59 CEST 2014

Sam Fakhreddine wrote:
> Does anyone have a walk through for how to use external certs instead of
> the internal certification?

  I'm not sure what that means.  The certificates are just files.  If
you have a certificate, you can just put it into raddb/certs/, and tell
FreeRADIUS to use it.

> The internet is full of copy-paste from the documents on how to use the
> internal cert authority.

  I would separate *creating* the certs from *using* them.

  The process of creating certs is complicated, but documented:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/certificates.html

  Using certs is just editing the configuration files, and pointing to
the correct files.