FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12 installation and setup

Andrew Belford andrewbelford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:00:27 CEST 2014

Hi Team

I am new in freeradius and assign to build and configure a new freeradius
server version 2.1.12 on a rhel6

There are 2 current freeradius(Version 2.1.12) servers(rhel5) running in
PROD, both connecting to ldap for authentication and mysql for db.  The
only difference I can see on the 2 servers are one is running as master
openldap and another as a consumer.  I am not aware whether there is a
master/slave setting in freeradius layer but assuming it works like that in
the current status.

Can someone please confirm whether you can setup freeradius like master and
slave in the application layer to confirm from theory?

My assignment is to build another freeradius server version 2.1.12 with the
plan to attach it to the current 2 servers to expand its HA scenario.
Openldap is now working as a consumer on the new build(RHEL6).

I want to setup freeradius on the new build the same configuration as the
current setup.
What are the files in /etc/raddb that I need to compare between the running
host and the new build to make sure I can get an identical setup?

Is there a documentation of how to setup freeradius Version 2.1.12 from
scatch?

Appreciate your assistance
thanks