Querying freeRADIUS from Java

Estefania figueroa buitrago kaoru_chan0212 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:29:42 CEST 2014

Hello guys,

I just started to use freeRADIUS. The server is running and working with mySQL just like in this tutorial:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/SQL-HOWTO

What I want to do is really simple. I want to be able to query the server from Java just like radtest does and get response information, for example:

Framed-IP-Address = 2.3.4.1
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
    Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen
    Framed-Route = "2.3.4.0 255.255.255.248"
    Idle-Timeout = 900
    Service-Type = Framed-User
    Framed-Protocol = PPP

to be processed later also in Java. Is there a way to do this and keep it as simple as possible? I have an application server written in Java (Mobicents) and I only need to obtain authentication information from freeRADIUS to process it later. Sorry if my cuestion isn't pertinent, but I haven't find anything in the wiki. If there is no way to do this, I would be very grateful if you could show another way to do it.

Greetings,
Estefanía