OpenSSL Security issues

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Apr 8 12:02:52 CEST 2014

On 8 Apr 2014, at 10:35, Jonathan Gazeley <Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 08/04/14 01:11, stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
>> I'm back in the office tomorrow and will check the CentOS updates
>
> Seems that CentOS 5 is not affected, but CentOS 6 is. An patched update has been released for for RHEL 6 and will presumably make its way into CentOS before too long...
>
> https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-0376.html

Question to representatives of various distributions on the lists.

As instead of fix the issues correctly by upgrading to 1.0.1g, you
are patching existing versions of libssl, how can we determine whether
a version of libssl is vulnerable or not at configure time?

As it stands the next versions on all branches will refuse to build
against libssl 1.0.1-1.0.1f because of the potential security risk.

FreeRADIUS Development Team