Mikrotik Attribute problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 8 14:48:57 CEST 2014

Ryan De Kock wrote:
> I was running freeradius v2.1.12 on Fedora and have changed over to
> CentOS now (also v2.1.12).

  OK...

> It looks as if the dictionary file location has been changed BUT here is
> the working dictionary

  So one distribution has a working dictionary file, and the other one
doesn't?  That's not nice.

> Working server:
> Not working server:

  There's no need to post the dictionaries.  We've seen them already.
Just post a summary of what changed.

> What i have noticed is that if I add "ATTRIBUTE
> Mikrotik-Total-Limit          17  integer" to the
> /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary file then freeradius says that it sends
> the attribute however the Mikrotik complains that its incorrect.

  That attribute is already in both dictionaries.  What's the problem?

> Have I missed something? I have checked that
> "/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.mikrotik" is included in
> /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.
>
> any advice would be great

  Use a version that works.  If the version supplied by your vendor
doesn't work, then (a) upgrade, or (b) tell your vendor to fix it.