FreeRadius - Multiple Clients

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Apr 9 08:45:36 CEST 2014

> Hello,
>  Starting to get into using FreeRADIUS and had a question, that I can't seem to find the answer to, I'm guessing its because I'm not even totally clear of the correct terminology.
>
> I'm using FreeRADIUS 3.0.? not sure of the exact version as I complied it a month or two ago and I don't have access to the computer right this second.
>
> Okay, my question is how do I set things up so the FreeRADIUS will evaluate a request based on where its coming from.
>
> So given the following Set up.
>
> Have two services wanting to use FreeRADIUS for authentication
>
> 1. Wifi
> 2. a HTTP Proxy
>
> I also have a bunch of users.  All users can use Wifi (unless of course I need to revoke them for a little bit)
>
> Then certain Users need to be authenticated against the HTTP Proxy to allow them to do direct connections instead
>
> I plan on using the standard users file if possible.

client <wifi> {
	nas_type = 'wifi'
}

authorize {
	if ("%{client:nas_type}" == 'wifi') {
		<do wifi things!>

Unfortunately regular expressions are not permitted as the LHS of a check item pair in a users file
so you have to use unlang, or assign the result of %{client:nas_type} to a temporary attribute
and use that instead.

FreeRADIUS Development Team