NTLMv2 with FreeRADIUS

John McCarthy midactsmystery at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:27:57 CEST 2014

On 9 Apr 2014, at 15:14, arr2036 wrote:

> It's not in a local configuration file if it's being sent to an AD server.

Gotcha, and that is basically what makes NTLMv1 insecure- is if it is
stored in a file that can be cracked (from what I understand of it).

 Is there a way to encrypt the NTLM traffic, just to be on the safe side
(if it isn't already)

On 9 Apr 2014, at 15:19, arr2036 wrote:

> Hmm do you work for a *.edu?

No, I work at an organization that deals with payment processing, so we
have to abide by PCI's standards. That's why i have to make sure my
FreeRADIUS server is setup correctly.
Our sys admin scanned my server and it got flagged for using NTLMv1, which
is what brought me creating this thread (I need my server to be PCI
compliant).