3.0.2: rlm_sql_null duplicating its statements

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 11 13:24:26 CEST 2014

Stefan Winter wrote:
> Whoa. Why would that be a configuration error?

  Because we can't guarantee that the writes occur properly.

> I have multiple instances
> of rlm_sql_null, all writing different SQL statements, and all writing
> into the same file for forwarding to the SQL server by radsqlrelay.

  Which doesn't work with POSIX locks, as you pointed out.  It might
work accidentally, but different threads writing to the same file will
cause problems.  One thread closing a file descriptor will cause another
thread to magically lose its lock.

> If that's a config error now, I'll have to do some serious re-org of my
> config.

  It won't complain, so your configuration is safe.  But it's not
guaranteed to work.

> The 3.0.2 with our local patch runs fine, and I can't spare much time on
> anything but heartbleed these days. Maybe I'll try 3.0.x later; for now,
> I'm happy that nothing distracts me.

  Much of my week was heartbleed. :(