FreeRadius - Multiple Clients

Sat Apr 12 00:51:59 CEST 2014

On 04/11/2014 05:05 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Casey Daniels wrote:
>>    Right above the EAP entry in the authorize section I put this code
>>
>> If (wifi_key != "true") {
>>      reject
>> }
>>
>> my user file looks like this
>>
>> steve Cleartext-Password := "mypassword", wifi_key := "true"
>    Run the server in debug mode, as suggested in the FAQ, "man" page, web
> pages, and daily on this list.  When you don't do that, you waste
> everyones time.
   I always run it in -X, and have the information sent to a file for
review so that I don't have to try and watch items scroll past the screen.

>> the issue from the server logs appears that the (wifi_key != "true") is
>> always evaluating to be true, thus is always rejecting the packet.  I
>> believe the issue is that I'm missing is the server isn't evaluating the
>> value of the wifi_key in the user file.
>    It is.  It's running "files" AFTER the code you added in the
> "authorize" section.
>
>    If you had run the server in debug mode, you would have seen that.
> Or, read the "authorize" file.  And check that "files" is happening
> after the code you added.
location of the files directive, has no effect, the debug out is virtual
the same.    I'm getting a matched user file entry, then it runs through
the evaluation of the wifi_key, and it never has the desired effect.

here is the output i always get from the debug out put

files : users: Matched entry steve at line 73
(0)   [files] = ok
(0)   ? if (wifi_key != "true")
(0)     expand: "true" -> 'true'
(0)   ? if (wifi_key != "true")  -> TRUE
(0)   if (wifi_key != "true")  {
(0)    [reject] = reject
(0)   } # if (wifi_key != "true")  = reject
(0)  } #  authorize = reject

prior to posting to help groups, I do my best to read any related
documentation, search both Google and archived mailing list entires to
see if others have had the same or similar problems.  I'm sorry that I'm
bothering you'll with what appears to be a trivial issue, but I would
like to get this working.