Is LDAP + EAP Possible For Me?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Tue Apr 15 16:22:52 CEST 2014

> I'm using eDirectory, and I do not think my passwords are clear text. Surprisingly,
> when I put in a ticket asking Novell about it, the engineer seemed to know nothing
> about configuring eDir for clear text.
> It looks like my best bet is probably TTLS/PAP. Is there a good guide that you would
> recommend for getting that set up, or should I just start googling.

With eDirectory you can do EAP, yes.

However, you will need to use LDAPS and enable the Universal Password feature in eDirectory. There are others on this list who are more qualified than I to comment on how to use eDirectory with EAP authentication in FreeRADIUS, so no doubt someone will pipe up, but yes, it is possible.

Stefan

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238