Monitor current NAS list with dynamic clients

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 16 14:55:50 CEST 2014

Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> This is the content of my dnyamic-clients file in sites-enabled (as taken from [1]) :

  Well... many third-party web sites are horrifically wrong.  The server
DOES come with extensive documentation on how to configure dynamic clients.

> I know, that's why I mostly use VPN for NASes on dynamic connections. But in certain cases I do testing with my office IP address, then after some days I deploy the same NAS to customer's connection and I get failed logins. Restarting radius fixes the login, but this means dynamic clients configuration is not working...

  See the FAQ for "it doesn't work.

  And be sure that you *don't* have static clients defined.

  And look at the debug output.  Nothing else will tell you what's going
on.  The alternative is to randomly make changes to the configuration...
and then to never pay attention to what the server is doing.

  That's a good way to waste a lot of time.