Authorized Macs File

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 16 18:22:30 CEST 2014

Matthew Ceroni wrote:
> The issue is that I find myself constantly updating the file and
> restarting FreeRadius (this file is even maintained in SVN and pushed
> out via Puppet). Is there a way to query the data via LDAP?

  Yes.  Just write an LDAP query which returns the MAC.  Then, use it in
FreeRADIUS.

	if (Calling-Station-Id != "%{ldap:...}") {
		reject
	}

  Put the LDAP query into the ... portion.  Be sure that the result of
the query is in the same format seen in Calling-Station-Id.  If it
isn't, you'll have to re-write the string before comparing it to
Calling-Station-Id.

> The systems
> in question are registered to our AD server and a custom attribute field
> contains the MAC address. If I could dynamically pull this data it would
> make life much easier.

  That's why FreeRADIUS allows you to dynamically pull the data from
LDAP. :)