PacketFence + HP Switches + code hacking

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Thu Apr 17 15:12:57 CEST 2014

One word of caution if you are planning on supporting VOIP phones with ability to connect a client to the network port on a phone. I tried using RFC 4675 to specify a tagged vlan for the phone and  mac/dot1x auth for the "other" device on a 2620. It works ..... for about 2 weeks and then the switch locks up reboot .... and it then works for another 2 weeks. Better than a 2610 which then reboots! Manually configuring the switch to support lldp-med works though.

Apparently the 2600 series doesn't support RFC4675 .... took  while to find that out :-((
Rgds