size limit for username and password

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Mon Apr 28 11:24:02 CEST 2014

On 28 Apr 2014, at 09:27, Benoit <goony at hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Is there any easy way to allow bigger passwords?

Have you tried making the column wider?

> It looks like the pasword size for a user in the radcheck table is 16 characters (if I put one more it fails to login).

More seriously, I’ve looked at the schema for the radcheck table - values are 253 wide (for mssql and mysql at least), so unkless you’ve messed with the schema, column width is not your problem. Are you certain that what is in the database is what you think is in the database?

A debug log showing success and failure is required to help any further.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

  gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238