New in v3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 29 16:31:03 CEST 2014

  There have been a lot of changes since v3.0.2 was released.  We've
done more cleanups, added more tests, better error messages, and fixed a
number of minor bugs.

  We plan on releasing v3.0.3 soon.  After that, we'll put the 3.0
series into "maintenance" mode, and start on 3.1.

  The goal is to get 3.0 stable for long-term support, and to gradually
deprecate version 2.

  There are some major changes we plan on making to the server
internals.  Those changes will enable us to add more features, and to
make FreeRADIUS better.

  The major change between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 is a more consistent approach
to attribute references.  Some parts of the server accepted "User-Name",
others "&User-Name", and others disallowed "&User-Name".

  We've made everything prefer "&User-Name", but also accept "User-Name"
for backwards compatibility.  The benefit of this approach is that
attribute references can be used in more situations than before.

  We now allow attribute references in statements like foreach, switch,
case, etc.  They weren't consistently allowed (or used) before.