radutmp file not created

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 30 16:29:00 CEST 2014

Khapare Joshi wrote:
> I have following file in my /var/log/radius/radacct/192.168.1.1
> directory

  That doesn't matter.  Those are AUTHENTICATION packets.
Authentication is not accounting.

> if Packet-Type=Accept-Request is not accounting packets then Packet-Type
> = Access-Accept must the one or not ?

  No.  That's a reply to an Access-Request.

  It helps to understand a little bit about RADIUS.

> if Packet-Type = Access-Accept
> then why it is not creating those file so that I can use the
> Simultaneous-Use := 2 for users.

  I have no idea what that means.

  Make the NAS send Accounting-Request packets.

  NOTHING else will work.  There is NOTHING you can do to FreeRADIUS to
make it work.  You MUST change the configuration on the NAS.