Fix broken clock on NAS

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Aug 3 14:29:25 CEST 2014

hi,

>I have a installing with FreeRADIUS and Chilli/Cova Hotspot. Everything
>works good so far, just some NAS (Openmesh hardware mostly) appears with
>date time about 1970.

fix the NAS/remote kit

>Also, FreeRADIUS is running with MYSQL backend. I know FreeRADIUS uses
>TimeStamp attribute for accounting, but I don't find a way to resolve
>broken clock on NAS. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure clock on NAS is update.

FreeRADIUS doesnt make things up - its just recording what was in the accounting
packets.. unless you are talking about auth records...in which case check out the time
of your server to ensure THAT is correct.

you could kludge the SQL statements to change the DATE to NOW() but thats just wrong
and nasty. fix the remote kit.

alan