freeRADIUS -> AD Auth (<100kb)

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 12:03:31 CEST 2014

Hi Nicolas,

I browsed a little of your error and your conf files to notice you are
still missing a LOT of bits of a standard freeradius configuration to
connect to an AD. mschap encryptition strength, configuration of EAP
tunnels and protocols, actual domain not defined in FreeRadius/proxy.conf,
and then not yet VLANs (ok, not probably at this time of the game, but you
eventually will get there).

You would better search and use in freeradius and Janet for tutorials about
configuring RADIUS for AD. It is not as simples as tweaking the config
files.

About the certificates, I hope you dont use the current ones in production,
as you just published them to the world at large.

One last note, 2.1.12 FreeRadius has serious bugs working with AD (it
works, but crashes a lot). I would recommend at least 2.2.5 or going
directly to version 3.x.

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro