freeRADIUS -> AD Auth (<100kb)

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 13 12:56:46 CEST 2014

hi,

>I followed a couple of tutorials but they don´t work for me.

the main FreeRADIUS docs work

>I have a question for the FreeRadius/proxy.conf
>what sould it look like?
>
>realm DOMAINNAME {
>       authhost        = DomainControler.OBLAN.LOCAL:1600
>       accthost        = DomainControler.OBLAN.LOCAL:1601
>       secret            = testing123
>}

if the domain DOMAINNAME is to be authenticated by a RADIUS server thats running on
DomainControler.OBLAN.LOCAL and listening on port 1600 then yes. that would be what you want....

but as your box is in the AD and you've been talking about ntlm_auth I assume that the authentication
is going to be done locally (and not on eg an NPS/IAS box).  in which case you want something like

realm DOMAINNAME {
}

yes. thats all for dealing with a realm locally.

>BTW: the Domain is named oblan.local does this cause a problem?

why do you think it would be? its your domain is it not? :)

>Another question:
>I have deactivated the service RAS&Routing on the DC.
>I that necessary for freeRADIUS?

nope. FreeRADIUS doesnt care a single bit about another box or service

alan